Last updated on 7 February 2022
Welcome to Saint John the Evangelist Catholic Church. Thank you for taking the time to find us. We love our church – it is made of beautiful people who care for each other and who are on a journey… a journey about getting to know Jesus.
In Jesus we find friendship and belonging. He is the one who offers new and eternal life.
A new hope
We exist because we want everyone to know Jesus; we believe that Jesus changes lives and brings hope, gives purpose and direction.
Come and take the first step. Come, follow your heart and check it out for yourself. God is calling you to something different, something bigger and better in your life.
It can be hard and scary to go to a new church because you don’t know what you are going to get, and you don’t know anyone there…yet. You might be thinking that you are not much of a church person; you haven’t been to church for a long time or perhaps you haven’t been to church at all. If this is you and that is how you feel, we want you to know that we are here for you and we want you to know that it’s never too late; just come as you are.
There are no perfect people in our church and there is no perfect Church, but we strive to be a safe community of love and we would love for you to come and visit us. Our hope for you is that you discover God’s love and that we can grow together in that love.
At the doors you will be welcomed by friendly people from different countries and backgrounds. We hope that you will make this Parish your home, a place where you can find a sense of purpose and belonging and grow in your relationship with Jesus and one another. God bless you.
We hope to see you soon...
- Our church is located at 35 Cordeaux St, Campbelltown (on the corner of Lindsay Street) – see map.
- There is off-street parking between the church and the parish hall (41 spaces plus another 65 below the hall).
- We are an 11 minute walk (800m) from Campbelltown Train Station.
- Several bus routes also stop at the church (881, 882, 883, 884, 889).
- We have an accessible entry and toilets (located under the southern side of the church)