Last updated on 8 January 2023
Faith formation based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church.realtrue.org
The Catechism is not a textbook, a collection of ideas, or a set of rules. It is the faithful echo of a God who wishes to reveal himself to us and desires us to respond.
There are four parts to the Catechism. The four parts or pillars are:
- The Profession of Faith
- The Celebration of the Christian Mystery
- Life in Christ
- Christian Prayer
Four kinds of resources
Proclamation Video – The first video is meant to rouse the spiritual curiosity that allows us to be prepared to hear the Gospel message. These videos explore the world and our human experience, and we hope these videos would be especially attractive to those who may not want to watch a video that directly addresses the doctrines of the faith.
Explanation Video – The second video breaks open the content of the passage of the catechism we are addressing in the unit. This video is much more straightforward and is guided by a discussion back and forth between two voices who are exploring the truths of the faith.
Connection Video – The third video is meant to be a real-life application of the passage from the catechism. The tone of this video is often playful and it is meant to connect with the audience on a more practical level that is relevant to their life.
Podcast – The podcast accompanies each unit as further discussion and application of the passage from the catechism. In it, we talk openly about our approach and hopes for the unit, as well as how it is impacting us and our community personally. It’s available in video and audio format.
Part 1 – The Profession of Faith
Part 2 – Liturgy
|13 CCC 1066-1209 |
|The Power of Public Acts||What is liturgy?||Who does what in the liturgy?|
Why the priest mixes water and wine at Mass
|14 CCC 1113-1134, 1210-1211|
|Why do we look for meaning in signs?||What are the sacraments?||Where are the sacraments found in the Bible?|
Are the sacraments just cultural traditions?
|15 CCC 1213-1284|
|Have you ever wanted a second chance at life?||What is Baptism?||Why are we baptized with water?|
How does baptism change you?
|The Eucharist is sacrifice and communion||What does ‘sacrifice’ really mean?||How the Eucharist is both sacrifice and communion||How silence can change your life|
- Unit 1 Discussion Guide (Life and the Catechism CCC 1-25)
- Unit 2 Discussion Guide (Man’s Capacity for God CCC 26-49)
- Unit 3 Discussion Guide (God Desires to Reveal Himself to Us CCC 50-141)
- Unit 4 Discussion Guide (Man’s Response to God CCC 142-184)
- Unit 5 Discussion Guide (I Believe in God CCC 185-231)
- Unit 6 Discussion Guide (The Father Almighty CCC 232-421)
- Unit 7 Discussion Guide (Jesus Christ CCC 422-682)
- Themed Unit Eucharist Discussion Guide
- Unit 8 Discussion Guide (The Holy Spirit CCC 683-747)
- Unit 9 Discussion Guide (The Holy Catholic Church CCC 748-945, 963-975)
- Unit 10 Discussion Guide (The Communion of Saints CCC 946-962)
- Unit 11 Discussion Guide (The Forgiveness of Sins CCC 976-987)
- Unit 12 Discussion Guide (Resurrection of the Body & Life Everlasting CCC 988-1065)
- Unit 13 Discussion Guide (Liturgy 1066-1112, 1135-1209)
- Unit 14 Discussion Guide (Sacraments CCC 1113-1134, 1210-1211)